Tuesday, March 15, 2011

For Japan: Quince Blossoms by Cathyann Burgess

An Offering©2011 C.L.Burgess 12 x12 oil on gallery wrap linen

The horror we bear witness to today and over the past few days, affects us all. When things like this happen, I am ever thankful that art is my vehicle for expression and as haven for my soul. 
I painted this over the weekend, mindful and heartsick for Japan and its citizens and for us all, really. I finished today. The pot is one I made and the blooms from a bush I recently planted. It is my offering for the souls lost and those still suffering. And yet, it is a reminder that life moves forward, that the earth still meets us fresh and new somewhere, with promise. The question before us is, will we honor it?

Remember to donate to relief services.

If you are interested in purchase please visit my contact page at:
http://www.cathyannstudio113.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment