Thursday, May 19, 2011

"The Magnolia Bloom" by Sandy Bradford

8" x 8" Oil on Gallery Wrapped Canvas
I have a tall magnolia tree in my front yard. For a number of weeks now, it has been laden with the most gorgeous and wonderfully southern, gigantic blooms. Each time that I have passed by this tree, I have said to myself that I simply must paint one of those incredible blooms.

Yesterday I happened to see a new bloom within my reach. But, still I toyed with leaving it on the tree in its natural beauty. Ultimately, I couldn't resist cutting it down to paint a picture, in hopes of sharing its beauty through oils on my canvas.


I hope you enjoy it. I tried to keep the style loose and fresh.

Please visit my blog to view other similar available paintings:

artbysandybradford.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment