Thursday, October 13, 2011

Gloria J Zucaro's "Entri qui, per favore"

 
10"H x 8"W Original Oil from part of cropped photo by Layne Cook
for the Daily Paintworks Challenge for the week of October 9-15.  $100.00
           


     My Blog
In this challenge we were to pick part of the photo from Layne Cook and make our own composition.
Here is whole photo.
 When I enlarged it to see it better, I saw this beautiful carved wooden and massive doorway at the top of the stairs. It is draped with a canopy and side panels in lush fabric.  I was attracted the the doorway and curved stonework over the door as well as the light on the side of the building leading up to the entry.  To me it is in an Italian city.  So I am calling it "Enter Here, Please" in Italian.  The translation is from the Yahoo Babel Fish site.

No comments:

Post a Comment