Thursday, January 19, 2012

Gloria J Zucaro's "Pokey's Pals"

8"H x 8"W Original oil on Panel
$75.00 Unframed/ $90.00 Framed

Unframed/Framed
 

I had a lot of fun with this Daily Paintworks challenge because as you may have noticed, I love the color orange!  Apparently the designers have designated "Tangerine Tango" as the color of the year.  Our challenge was to paint a picture with the color of the year predominant.    My friend Ann Feldman beat me to the orange vegetables, so I raided my grandsons' toy box in my basement.  I kept calling "Pokey" " Gumby", until someone reminded me that "Gumby" is a little green rubber man, and this is his horse" Pokey"!  The fire truck is broken with its' ladder missing, but "what the hey"!  I like the weird little cross-eyed ball, too.


Below is a photo of "the beginning", my value study and start of putting in color.

No comments:

Post a Comment