Monday, October 14, 2013

Bottle Still Life, "Vintage Bottle" by Carol Schiff, 8x10" Oil

I have become slightly obsessed with vintage bottles, well, maybe a little more than slightly.  I love the idea of these bottles, most of them reclaimed from the earth, crusty and sometimes pearlized.  I like to think about how they were used when they were new.....and if they have a crystal cross on top (called a cross bottle) all the better!

Purchase here
100 + shipping

This one, obviously does not have a cross on the top.  It does have any absolutely gorgeous color, kind of a cobalt violet.  I am told the it started out as clear glass, but due to magnesium in the glass, has aged into a beautiful hue.




The other thing I love, is painting with wild abandon with loads of thick, creamy, oil paint and a combination of palette knife and brush.  So yes, this little painting hits my buttons on several levels.



Some days, I just go through the motions, and the resulting painting usually shows it,  but this one was pure joy!



www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment