Sunday, July 20, 2014

Reflections on the Art Journey - Pocket Full of Dreams Geraniums - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1515850

Pocket Full of Dreams Geraniums
by Nancy Medina 
20X16
Oil on Archival Panel

My new video





The geranium obsession continues in Flower Mound Studio, as the only flowers blooming well in my garden after all these rains are my pink and red geraniums. I've been home for a few weeks in a row, a rarity in my schedule, and have been thinking a lot about this art journey. I still have those times I get very worried and scared about just being an artist and trying to make ends meet. But I am still glad I left my job as a magazine editor to become a full time artist. One year ago, I was trapped on the corporate treadmill, and said to myself, Life is so very short. I knew I was taking a huge risk and I know every day is a risk, but I just had to go with what my heart and soul were telling me to do - paint and teach. I don't know where this journey ends, but I do know I will never be someone who lays on their deathbed wondering, "what if...." I'll always be glad I took this leap. Even if I do end up living in a cardboard box under the interstate! At least my little cardboard sign asking for chocolate, handouts, and dogfood for the pugs will be really, really pretty with flowers on it. :0) Ha!!


No comments:

Post a Comment