Monday, August 11, 2014

August Rose - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1532431

 August Rose
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel

We had to make an urgent trip to Central Market *sound of harps* in Southlake, Texas, today, as it was Hatch Chili Weekend there, per my husband. They had giant bins of fresh Hatch Chilis all over the store, as well as Hatch Chili Cheese Popcorn, Hatch Chili cheeses, Hatch Chili hamburgers, Hatch Chili salsa, ad infinitum. I delayed my trip to the flower section as we sampled every single Hatch Chili Free Sampler Take a Bite of This stand throughout the entire store. 

But at some point, I had to tear myself away to see what fresh flowers were in stock. The fresh white roses were clearly on steroids, so I grabbed a bundle of those for a commission I am working on. Then, well, the sunflowers were a particularly lovely shade of yellow, so golden. And you always need cornflower blue delphiniums if you've got fresh golden sunflowers. I am fairly certain that is a botanical law. So I set up two giant fresh flower arrangements, one with roses, one with sunflowers, turned on all my hot spotlights in the studio, and began painting as soon as we got home. August Rose was my brush warm-up. Stay tuned for more flowers to come! I have to paint as fast as I can, before we all melt....




http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1532431

White Rose Studio models on steroids!

No comments:

Post a Comment