Thursday, October 1, 2015

Thistle Painting, Small Oil Painting, Daily Painting, Textured Art, "Thistles" by Carol Schiff, 8x8x1.5" Oil

This small oil painting is a tribute to thistles. The lowly thistle, thought to be a weed, in my eyes, a brilliant floral beauty.

Purchase here
150. + shipping

 I photographed this thistle while taking a summer walk in the valley. Armed with my image, I painted it in oil, with lots of texture to suggest the spikey flower. Some of the texture comes from my use of the palette knife, and some of it was applied direct to the canvas. The sides of the canvas are finished, allowing it to be hung with or without a frame.



This is a picture of me, doing my favorite thing!




Thank you for viewing my art today.


www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment