Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Vegetable Still Life, Red Pepper Painting, "Big Red" by Carol Schiff, 20x24x1.5" Oil

It has been some time since I have painted a vegetable still life, so I decided to try one this week.  In the past I painted every fruit and vegetable you could imagine, but they were small pieces, usually 6x8" or smaller.

Purchase here
879. + shipping
 This one is actually 20x24" and painted with a combination of palette knife and brush.  You will notice with this next image below, that the the background is actually more gray green than the blue shade above.  I must have taken 20 photos of this, trying to get the colors correct, but in the end I had to choose between the bluish background and the front end of the pepper turning a garish orange mustard hue. Yuck!  At any rate, the photo below seems quite accurate in both places.



Thank you for viewing my blog today.  I hope you enjoy this vegetable still life painting.  Give it a pin!



www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com
www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment