Saturday, May 6, 2017

Small Still Life, Bottle Still Life, "ANTIQUE BOTTLES", 10x8 Oil Painting

I have recently become fascinated with antique and vintage bottles as reflected in this small still life.  I see lots of them in the antique stores of North Carolina.  Most have been reclaimed from the earth and carry the results of spending years under ground.


Purchase here
145 + 13.50 in US
I have been told that the smaller bottle started life as clear, uncolored glass, but because it contains magnesium, it has turned this glorious purple color.  It comes from Ohio.

www.CarolSchiffStudio.etsy.com
The larger bottle is a mystery.  It carries only the imprint of a small sailboat (not visible in the painting).  I liked the shape and the sailboat, so I brought it home.  Are there any bottle experts out there who could give me a little history on it?  I would love to know the history involved in the subject matter of this small still life.

www.CarolSchiffStudio.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment