Friday, May 13, 2011

Gloria J Zucaro's "Enzo's Chair Redoux" -Fractured French for Re-Do!

A few years ago I bought a little three piece table and chairs set at a yard sale.  I planned to paint it with a  jungle theme.   My son and his wife had had a mural painted by Peggy Graves for my baby grandson "Enzo".  I wanted to put a monkey on one chair back and a lion on the other.  I was going to give it to Enzo for his first birthday.  A good friend Judy asked her husband Don if he would cut out those shapes and attach them to the chair backs for me.  Don was very obliging and finished the project quickly.  I had looked up some animal faces on-line under Google Images "monkey face".  Well, duh!, I chose a chimpanzee and used that as my pattern and painted it on the chair back.  But I thought it was a monkey and gave it a tail.  It also looked very menacing and not right for a little child! (See  Below)  So today I changed my monkey to be more friendly!  My son and his family will be moving into their larger home next week, so there will be room for Enzo's "new" table and chair set.  Enzo's just had his third birthday...so I am not that late!

No comments:

Post a Comment