Monday, December 22, 2014

How to Brighten Reds and Yellows - Rainy Day Poppies - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1637477

Rainy Day Poppies
by Nancy Medina
14X14
Oil





Rainy Day Poppies is a two-part approach to the flowers that will take center stage in my Tuscany, Italy, workshop in June - I'll be teaching there during the peak of poppy bloom season, and can hardly wait to see fields and fields of these reds - and after all those pink peonies these past few weeks, my brushes were begging for some warmer colors! I finished three small paintings yesterday - 14X14 size each, and today I brightened the clouds a bit on Rainy Day Poppies by adding Brilliant Yellow by Richeson (Shiva Series). I do love that stuff. If you want to brighten a red, yellow or orange, add brilliant yellow (or naples yellow light) instead of white. Remember, white dulls and grays - white is the color killer. There are much better options for brightening those expensive cadmiums. You can learn more about this approach to achieving your brightest, most exciting colors in my painting workshops. 





http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1637001



Rainy Day Poppies by Nancy Medina
14X28
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
Diptych (Two Parts)

No comments:

Post a Comment