Tuesday, September 17, 2013

He Knows My Favorite Color by Pamela Blaies

He Knows My Favorite Color
9" x 12"
oil on linen

These yellow roses were part of a gorgeous bouquet my husband gave me on our anniversary this past Friday. They are the prettiest butter yellow. Setting up this composition, I put the light source pretty close and they became dazzlingly brilliant to my eyes. The color seemed to radiate from within, out into the very air around them. I think it gives them a kind of dreamy effect - very romantic. My sweetheart knows I am nuts about flowers, especially roses. He also knows my favorite color of rose -- it changes depending on the one I'm looking at that moment!

I love to share my art and inspiration. Click HERE to sign up for my email newsletter and receive a free gift of postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment