Thursday, August 2, 2012

FRENCH POTTERY by Dottie Martz, dottiefromvirginia

Original oil on 9x q122 linen panel     website:  dottiemartz.com

I found these small pieces of pottery in France and luckily, they made the trip home!  I just knew I would open the package and find broken pieces..but, I didn't. 

The sunflowers were in a metal tin and something else was needed...and I added the pottery.  The triangle composition is one of my favorites.   I almost always try to paint with the light source from the left...as that is the way we read...left to right.  Not to say that that is the only way....it is just what I was taught and I like to do.  Isn't that the way most of art is...?

Please check out my website...I. have been overflowing it with all of my daily paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment