Friday, August 12, 2011

Gloria J Zucaro's "Peach Tea With Tina"

6"H x 6"W  Original Oil On Canvas Panel
$65.00 Unframed  $85.00 Framed in Black Wooden Frame.


Unframed/Framed

       
Fourth of July weekend, my fellow artist friend ,Tina, invited me and another artist friend to her house for painting and a barbecue.  We arrived early afternoon...twoish, and starting setting up our easels.  Tina asked me what I had brought to paint as a still life.  "I thought you would have the still life for us!", I said incredulously!"  How ungrateful I was!  She had made three stations, one for each of us, and all I had to do was to have something to paint.  Well, she offered us a drink of a delicious peach tea she had made and garnished with peach slices and cantaloupe.  AHA!  I will paint my glass of tea against one of Tina's pretty fabrics in the background.  A different glass of  tea was consumed several times during my painting  efforts as it was a hot day even in her air conditioned "Vitamin D" room,(studio with floor to ceiling windows).  After we finished our paintings, Tina had prepared a delicious dinner...cheese burgers(she barbecued herself), tomato salad, cold slaw,  home- made potato salad(my contribution), and Maria the other artist had made several delicious chocolate desserts..frozen banana dipped in chocolate ganache, pound cake in ganache, and Fromage Blanc that she made herself topped with chocolate and fresh blueberries and strawberries.   There was lots of wine and great conversation, too!   A wonderful party.

No comments:

Post a Comment