Friday, March 6, 2015

Cubist Bouquet by Char Fitzpatrick | Watercolor Painting | Floral Still Life

14x11
Watercolor and gouache

Cubist Bouquet by Char Fitzpatrick
©2014 Char Fitzpatrick

Sometimes in attempting to paint a subject, it just goes wrong no matter how hard I try. In this case, I over painted these flowers about 3 times until they became murky and lifeless. I used one of my favorite last-ditch techniques and put it under the shower head in the bath tub. Most of the image washed off leaving a lovely soft painting. I then enhanced it with opaque gouache, heavily describing the background and the table, but leaving the delicacy of the flowers. It seemed to want to be a cubist painting, with small lines and angles that offset the fuzzy flowers.

Original: Available
Prints: Shop Now!



Want to see more? Visit CharFitzpatrick.com



No comments:

Post a Comment