Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Citrus White Tulip Bouquet - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1506720

 Citrus White Tulip Bouquet
by Nancy Medina
16X12
Oil on Archival Panel




Citrus White Tulip Bouquet is the newest daily painting in Flower Mound Studio. I've been admiring the pinkish color of Texas Grapefruit lately, and went on a quest tonight to find a tablecloth in that color, or even a scrap of clothing. After going through all the closets and storage bins, nothing, but then I saw a carton of scrapbook paper and there it was! After distributing several sheets artistically around the base of my vase, I found just the streaky lightened salmon type color I wanted. Sometimes it's not the flowers that call to me, it's another color I want to play against them. Do you ever find that to be the case? If so, I hope you are able to control your obsessive compulsive search a bit more than I am...maybe a glass of wine would have calmed me down a bit!


http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1506720

Detail from Citrus White Tulips

No comments:

Post a Comment