Sunday, January 11, 2015

Friendly Hotel Alligators and Rainwater Roses in Sunny Florida - Flower Paintings by Nancy Medina Art

http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1652342

Rainwater Roses and Strawberries
by Nancy Medina

Class Demonstration

20X16
Oil on Linen Panel

When I saw the little boy hopping up and down at 7 am this morning in my hotel lobby and pointing, I thought maybe he really liked the koi pond here at the Gaylord Palms. Imagine my surprise when I saw what he was really excited about - the resident gators! Fortunately these leathery little guys didn't seem too interested in climbing through the iron bars to munch on the tourists and they even ignored their lazy turtle neighbors. Excuse me, Mister Bellman, there's an alligator in my room.... Note to self, if you hear scuffling on the carpet outside your door, do NOT open the door without your running shoes on.

We painted roses until the seagulls came home in sunny Florida today. Tomorrow we tackle sunflowers and, if they cooperate and open a bit more, some tulips, too!



http://nancymedina.fineartstudioonline.com/workszoom/1652342

The classroom models take a bow!




 It's a tough job painting neath the swaying palms!
Florida Alumni 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment